Orwak Easi UK Ltd are happy to announce that our chosen charity for 2018 will be The Marine Conservation Society – We care about the environment.
As one of the UKs leading businesses in the Waste and Recycling industry, Orwak Easi UK Ltd wants to support the world’s environment as part of our commitment to Commercial Responsibility.
We have always tried to practice what we preach – by recycling and reusing waste materials where possible, monitoring our environmental impact from energy use to transport. However, like everyone, we need to do more.
Thanks to David Attenborough and his TV series ‘Blue Planet’, finally everyone is starting to understand the impact we are having on the world’s oceans and wildlife.
As a thought-leader in our industry sector of waste and recycling equipment, we believe we can do our part to help. By raising awareness and much needed funds, we have decided to support The Marine Conservation Society.
The Marine Conservation Society is the UK’s leading charity for the protection of our seas, shores and wildlife. For over thirty years MCS has been the voice for the sea for all the fascinating creatures that live beneath the waves, for our breath-taking coastal environment, for all those who make a sustainable living from the sea and for everyone who simply enjoys visiting the beach and our glorious coastline. Through campaigning, education and volunteering, MCS is ensuring that we all do our part and take responsibility for the future of our wonderful world.
So what does Orwak Easi UK commit to?
- Raise awareness of ongoing issues, solutions and news in our fight to help the environment via our website and social media.
- Continue to improve our carbon footprint as a business.
- Educate and support our customers in waste and recycling, and continue to look at more materials that can be diverted from landfill.
- Raise essential funds for MCS via various events including: Organising Beachwatch where we volunteer to clean up a specific beach on a regular basis, while getting out and exercising! Big Blue Day – a great fundraising event where anything goes – if its blue! Bale It! – all staff can bring their used plastic bottles and cans to our warehouse, where we will bale it and have collected by our partner recycler to be responsibly put back in to the production process. All revenue generated from our recycled materials will be donated to MCS.
- Making environmental choices as individuals – using reusable coffee cups and reusable shopping bags, not using straws, recycling all we can at home – the list is endless.